Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My name is Katie Wry and I am a senior sociology/anthropology major. In one month from today I will be getting on a plane headed to Ghana. I have been fortunate enough to have had some experience traveling during my time at St. Michael's. Through these experiences, I have been able to foster my passion to meet people from other cultures and to learn about their way of life while sharing some aspects of my life with them. I think that traveling and learning about other cultures is invaluable to ones personal growth. Over the course of this semester our class has been learning about the music and culture of Ghana and I am fascinated by what I have learned. However, my experiences have taught me that you can only learn so much from a book. To really learn about a culture, you must go there and interact with the people within it. I can only dream of the wonders that await us in Ghana and the amazing people that we are soon to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment