Monday, June 1, 2015

It is hard to believe that I am already back in the states. After 30+ hours of travelling (I had an additional two flights home to Ohio), getting back into the swing of things has been a little harder than I thought. It's hard to think that I just spent the past few weeks making new friends, and now only time will tell when I will see them again, it feels like a dream and I'm not sure I'm ready to wake up. Although social media and technology has meant I am able to keep in contact with much of the Kopeyia staff, I am already plotting a return trip.

The states has been a little overwhelming to return to: the guarantee of electricity, the surplus of options at the stores, not having a small fear for my life every time I get into a car. However, I have been learning to allow my experiences from Ghana to flow into my life here. I've noticed that I picked up several habits that will take a while to go away, if ever. I constantly hand and receive things with my right hand, and expect to shake hands whenever I see someone. I won't lie though, the air conditioning has been a welcomed luxury upon returning.

I am so glad I finally had the opportunity to visit Kopeyia and see all that this country has to offer, even if I only saw the tip of the ice berg. Until next time, Ghana.

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment